The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for the applicants who are qualified trade workers and want to migrate to Canada permanently after receiving an offer of employment.
The government approves only 3000 applications each year under this visa category where no more than 100 applications for a particular occupation is considered for processing each year for Category A while there is no cap on Category B.
There are in total 43 occupations in this group which are subdivided into two i.e. category A and Category B.
Category A has a cap of 100 applications as these are occupations of moderate labor market need.
- 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- 7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- 7271 Carpenters
- 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- 7302 Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
- 8211 Supervisors, logging and forestry
- 8221 Supervisors, mining and quarrying
- 8222 Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling services
- 8241 Logging machinery operators
- 8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
- 9211 Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
- 9212 Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities
- 9214 Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing
- 9231 Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing
- 9241 Power engineers and power systems operators
- 9243 Water and waste treatment plant operators
Disclaimer – Delhi Immigration does not provide any guidance or assistance on Canada FST Program. This page is only for information purpose. Delhi Immigration Provide guidance on Canadian PR process
It consists of occupations which are in demand.
To be eligible to apply as a skilled worker the aspirant should:
- Plan to live in any state except Quebec
- Meets minimum language requirement of (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 for reading and writing.
- Have at least 2 years of full time working experience in the nominated occupation in the past 5 years before applying.
- Should perform all the duties mentioned for the nominated occupation in National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body.
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee-490 CAD
- Principal applicant-475
- Principal applicant, if less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew, or grandchild)-75 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner-550 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner-150 CAD
Delhi Immigration is a leading immigration consultancy firm which with its highly experienced staff and immigration specialists will help you to pave the difficult and cumbersome path of visa process in most efficient and result-oriented manner. Delhi Immigration not only guides you to select the best visa process as per your need and abilities but makes you free from all the worries associated with the difficult visa process, formal documentation and follow up with the concerned authorities till the time you get your Visa. Delhi Immigration is a private consulting firm and is not associated with any government authority.