Canadian Immigration Processing Fees Increase from April 30, 2020
Canada is adjusting immigration fees for the next two years
Canada’s immigration department is increasing processing fees at the end of the month for foreign nationals who wish to become permanent residents.
The fees that foreign nationals pay include operational, processing and service delivery costs related to all permanent residence immigration programs.
The new regulations come into effect on April 30, at 9 a.m. EDT. Completed applications received before this time will be processed in accordance with the current fee schedule. Applications received on or after that time that do not include the correct fees will be returned to the applicant as incomplete.
Permanent resident processing fees for economic class applicants are generally being increased by 50 per cent as follows:
- Principal applicants of the Economic business class (self-employed, start-up visa, Quebec investor, Quebec entrepreneur, and Quebec self-employed) will increase from $1,050 to $1,575;
- Principal applicants in the economic non-business class will go up from $550 to $825. This increase will not apply to principal applicants and their families in the Caregivers programs, which will remain unchanged;
- Fees for spouses or common-law partners of all economic classes will go up from $550 to $825;
- Fees for dependent children of all economic classes will go up from $150 to $225;
- The right of permanent resident fee will increase from $490 to $500, which is an increase of two per cent.
Fees are expected to increase in two years based on the applicable Consumer Price Index increase rounded to the nearest $5. New fee amounts will be released in 2022.
Fees for permanent resident cards, permanent resident travel documents and certification or replacement immigration documents will not increase.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) says that permanent residence fees have not increased since 2002. Fees for permanent residence applications will change again in 2022 in accordance with the Consumer Price Index.
How can Delhi Immigration help you apply for PR via Express Entry System?
If you choose to apply for Canadian PR via express entry through Delhi Immigration, you are assured of getting thorough assistance and support in the following:
- Full guidance to meet the documentation requirements for the Canada FSW programs,
- Providing guidance on Educational Credential Assessment,
- Inform the clients with up to date PNP details.
With the dedicated team of immigration specialists, Delhi Immigration provides its clients best support and assistance to secure their PR visa and move abroad. You may contact the experts at Delhi Immigration on 90233-40077 or email your query at firstname.lastname@example.org