The Self-employed Persons Program allows people to immigrate to Canada permanently as a self-employed person.
If you’re interested in this program, you must:
- have relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and
- be willing and able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada
To immigrate as a self-employed person, you must:
- have relevant experience
- be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
- meet the program’s selection criteria and
- meet medical, security and other conditions
To qualify as a self-employed immigrant, you must:
- meet the definition of a self-employed person
- get a minimum of 35 points after we grade you based on our five selection criteria and point system
We assess you on selection criteria that include your:
- language abilities
You need to score 35 points out of 100 to become eligible.
Your experience is relevant if you have:
- taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
- been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
Relevant experience for a self-employed person means at least two years of experience.
It must be during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day we make a decision on your application.
You can get more points if you have 3, 4, or 5 years of experience.
At a minimum, your experience must be:
- for cultural activities:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in cultural activities, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a), and a one-year period described in (b)
- for athletics:
- 2 one-year periods being self-employed in athletics, or
- 2 one-year periods participating at a world class level in athletics, or
- a combination of a one-year period described in (a) above, and a one-year period described in (b) above
Medical, security checks and other requirements
You and your family members must have a medical exam and get police certificates.
You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
How can Delhi Immigration help you apply for PR ?
If you choose to apply for Canadian PR via Delhi Immigration, you are assured of getting thorough assistance and support in the following:
- Full guidance to meet the documentation requirements for the Canada programs,
- Providing guidance on Educational Credential Assessment,
- Inform the clients with up to date PNP details.
With the dedicated team of immigration specialists, Delhi Immigration provides its clients best support and assistance to secure their PR visa and move abroad. You may contact the experts at Delhi Immigration on Toll Free: +91 90233-40077.